Send us your feedback
Thanks for taking the time to provide a suggestion. We love hearing from you, your feedback helps us make our product better.
TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
Best Buy Privacy
California Privacy Rights
TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
INFORMATION ABOUT US
The Website is operated by Yougetitback Limited ("we", "our" or "us"). We are registered in Ireland under company number 405131 and have our registered office at Evergreen House, Congress Road, Cork, Ireland. Our VAT number is IE6425131M.
ACCESSING THE SITE
Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on the Website without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the Website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on the Website.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on the Website must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on the Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
We, or our licensors, own the copyright in any software that is made available for download from the Website. Your use of the software is governed by the terms of any licence agreement that may accompany or be included with it. Do not install or use any software unless you agree to such licence agreement.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
Commentary and other materials posted on the Website are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
THE WEBSITE CHANGES REGULARLY
We aim to update the Website regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to the Website, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on the Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
• all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
• any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for, loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; and wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO THE WEBSITE
TRANSACTIONS CONCLUDED THROUGH THE WEBSITE
Additional terms may apply to:
• any purchases you make through the Website;
• registration to the Website and/or any other email alert or other related services; and
• any promotion, competition or draw appearing on the Website.
AGE AND RESPONSIBILITY
You must be over 18 years of age to purchase or obtain the software and services, but if you are under the age of 18, you may purchase and utilise the software and services in conjunction with and under the supervision of your parents or guardian. By using the Website you understand that you are financially responsible for purchases made on the Website by you and those using your log-on information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorised use of your log-on information or any other breach of security. Furthermore, you affirm that you are over the age of 13. Use of the Website is not intended and is prohibited for persons under 13 and we ask that you please disconnect from the Website.
USE OF THE SITE
You may use the Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Website:
• in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
• in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
• for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
• to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
• to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware; and
• to attempt to gain unauthorised access to the server(s) on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website.
We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
USER GENERATED CONTENT
The pages of the Website where you are capable of posting content are provided for your private, non-commercial exchange of lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information, opinions and comment. Use of the Website that is inconsistent with those stated purposes is strictly prohibited. By submitting any content to the Website, you:
• grant us the right to use such content and all material embodied therein for any purposes including, without limitation, to edit, copy, reproduce, translate, disclose, post and/or remove such content from the Website and hereby waive all of the moral rights that you have in respect of any material you post to the Website;
• warrant to us that all such content complies with the provisions of these terms ; and
• acknowledge that we may require you to confirm the above rights and warranties and agree to do so within 7 days of any request from us.
We reserve the right (but not the obligation) at our sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is posted to, or available on, the Website without the need to give any reasons for doing so. However, we may not always review the materials that you or anyone else makes to the Website and therefore, unless we are specifically notified of the nature of any item of content, you cannot assume we are aware of it. If you object to the publication of any material placed on the Website please contact us at the address firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take whatever action we deem appropriate.
We accept no responsibility for any statements, material or other submissions placed on the Website by users.
LINKING TO THE WEBSITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
The Website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. If you wish to make any use of material on the Website other than that set out above, please address your request to email@example.com.
LINKS FROM THE WEBSITE
Where the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
The courts in the Republic of Ireland will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to the Website although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on the Website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting the Website.
YOUGETITBACK LIMITED is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1988 (the Act), the data controller is Yougetitback Limited ("we", "our" or "us"). We are registered in Ireland under company number 405131 and have our registered office at Evergreen House, Congress Road, Cork, Ireland. Our VAT number is IE6425131M.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on www.yougetitback.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site and products, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our site
• Information that you provide us in connection with any security related questions
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
• Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders
• Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access
• If you are reporting an item that has been found, then we also collect certain personal information about you, which may include among other things, your name, address, telephone number and other relevant information. We use this information primarily to facilitate the return of the found item to its registered owner If your mobile device has been stolen, we may provide your information to a member of the relevant law enforcement agency if necessary
• In order to obtain the location information for your mobile device where you have requested this aspect of the service and you have provided your consent as further described in the terms and conditions for use of the software available as a link to our site
• Information that may be stored on your phone including contact details, text messages and photographs
• pictures of unauthorised users, logs of interactions with our service (including support requests) and details relating to the mobile device being used
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, to track an individual and to report aggregate information.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
|JSESSIONID||Tomcat session id|
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after seven days.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
• to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
• to notify you about changes to our service
If you agree we may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where you agree to permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the registration form. You can also adjust your registration details and opt out of receiving such emails and other communications by ticking the appropriate "opt out" box.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries and our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
• if our business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
• who are our authorised subcontractors for the purposes of providing any services for us
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a small fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
In addition to your right to access your personal information, you also have a right to have your personal data corrected, if inaccurate, or erased, if we do not have a legitimate reason for holding your data.
You can correct your personal information either by logging into our site (if applicable) and clicking on "edit my account info" and making the necessary changes, and or you can also contact our call centre directly to change your account details or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our call centre representative may require you to answer a number of security related questions before dealing with your request. All such corrections will be made as soon as possible.
This policy is covered by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts in the English Language. In the event that these terms are translated into any other language, the translation shall be for review purposes only and have no legal effect.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
Welcome to the Geek Squad® Application. By installing, downloading, or using this Application you agree to be bound by these terms of service and license provisions (the "Agreement"). References to the "Application" shall include all software, data, websites and documentation supplied in or corresponding to the Application. References to "Device" shall include any supported mobile device which uses the Application.
This Application is owned (or licensed) and operated by Best Buy Stores L.L.P. Best Buy Stores L.L.P. is doing business as Geek Squad. References to "Geek Squad" or "Best Buy" refer to Best Buy Co. Inc., Best Buy Stores L.L.P., Best Buy.com, LLC, BBY Solutions, Inc., Best Buy Enterprise Services, Inc. or their affiliates and subsidiaries. Some of the software included in the Application is licensed to Best Buy by its business partners (the "Partners") and in some cases the Partners will license their software (for example "Locked and Found") directly to you under this Agreement. For these purposes, where applicable, references in this Agreement to Geek Squad or Best Buy shall include the Partners and such Partners will be considered a party to this Agreement. However, you should use the contact information provided below for all communication relating to the Application. Geek Squad reserves the right to make changes to this Agreement at any time. It is your responsibility to check the Agreement for updates. If you do not agree to this Agreement, please do not use this Application.
THIS APPLICATION CAN TRACK THE LOCATION OF YOUR DEVICE AT YOUR REQUEST. IF YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR DEVICE LOCATION TRACKED BY THIS APPLICATION, DO NOT USE THIS APPLICATION OR DISABLE THE TRACKING FEATURE VIA THE SUPPORT WEBSITE. IN ADDITION, THE TECH CHECKER FEATURE OF THIS APPLICATION MAY ACTIVATE MULTIPLE FEATURES OF YOUR DEVICE. THIS MAY INCLUDE PLACING A PHONE CALL, CAPTURING SOUND, CAPTURING A PICTURE UTILIZING YOUR CAMERA ORRECORDING GPS LOCATION. THIS INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED WITH GEEK SQUAD, ITS PARTNERS AND/OR AFFILIATES. IF YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR DEVICE TO CAPTURE AND SHARE THESE ITEMS, DO NOT USE THE TECH CHECKER FEATURE. THIS DISCLAIMER IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE. FOR ADDITIONAL DETAILS, PLEASE SEE THE REMAINDER OF THE TERMS BELOW.
APPLICATION LICENSEIn consideration for agreeing to this Agreement, you are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, license to use this Application during any specified license or trial term. The Application or some features of it may automatically deactivate and become non-operational at the end of the relevant term.
Your right to use the Application is licensed to you (not sold). You may use the free features of the Application on any Device on which you have downloaded and activated the Application. The premium or paid for, services may only be used on the Device for which it was purchased. You may transfer the premium services to a new Device, provided it is only used on one Device at a time.
LICENSE RESTRICTIONSExcept as expressly set out in this Agreement or as permitted by any local law, you undertake:
- not to copy the Application except where such copying is incidental to normal use of the Application;
- not to rent, lease, sub-license, loan, translate, merge, adapt, vary or modify the Application;
- not to make alterations to, or modifications of, the whole or any part of the Application nor permit the Application or any part of it to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs;
- not to disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the Application nor attempt to do any such things;
- not to use the Application for any unlawful or illegal purpose or for any purpose other than its intended purpose;
- to keep all copies of the Application secure and to maintain accurate and up-to-date records of the number and locations of all copies of the Application;
- to supervise and control use of the Application (where relevant) and ensure that the Application is used by your employees and representatives (with the permission of Geek Squad) in accordance with the terms of this Agreement;
- obtain the consent of the owner of the Device before downloading and using the Application on that Device;
- to replace the current version of the Application with any updated or upgraded version or new release provided under the terms of this Agreement; and
- not to provide, or otherwise make available, the Application in any form, in whole or in part (including, but not limited to, program listings, object and source program listings, object code and source code) to any person.
USE OF THE APPLICATION In order for the Application to operate fully, the Device on which it is used may need to be connected to certain wireless and/or communication based technologies. There may be delays, limitations, and other problems inherent in the use of the internet and electronic communication. Geek Squad is not responsible for any delays, failures, or other damage resulting from such problems. You are the best judge of the value and importance of your data. Therefore, you agree that you are solely responsible for operating all necessary back up procedures for your Device as well as insuring your Device.
REGISTRATION AND SUPPORT Geek Squad’s online registration portal provides a number of benefits including access to your personal support database (the "Support Website") where you will be able to update your details and benefit from the support services. To access the Support Website, you must log into the website provided to you using your username and password and follow the relevant instructions.
- you do not have the appropriate cellular or internet connection;
- the Device is not receiving the GPS signal due to atmospheric factors or other sources of error;
- your Device is not charged or powered "on"; or
- you cancel your subscription with your network provider (in the case that you are using the Application on a mobile phone as the Application is linked to your mobile phone number).
LOCATION BASED SERVICES The location based services form an integral part of the operational aspect of the Application. In order to locate your Device, we must be permitted to communicate with your Device. This requires the collection, use and sharing of among other things, the precise coordinate data, including real time geographic location of your Device with our partners, licensors and licensees. This data is transmitted via secure socket layer technology into password protected databases. This information may be retained during the term and for a reasonable period following termination.
DATA DELETION SERVICE If the Application includes a data deletion option, permitting the deletion, wiping or shredding of the information contained on the Device ("Data Deletion"), you acknowledge that, once launched, Data Deletion may commence at any time. You furthermore acknowledge and agree that your use of Data Deletion is intended to result in the permanent destruction of data residing on your Device and may result in your Device becoming non-functional.
RETURN OF YOUR DEVICE Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as guaranteeing or warranting that your Device will be returned to you or that your Device will be returned to you in the same condition.
TECH CHECKER Where you are using the Application to monitor the applications on your Device and identify the access privileges of such applications, the Application will search your Device and analyse the applications used by it in order to provide this information to you. The Application will only provide a report to you on the rights of the applications. It will be for you to decide if you wish to restrict the access rights of such applications upon using this functionality. Geek Squad shall not be responsible for any reduced functionality in any or all applications on your Device as a result of your restricting the access rights of an application.As part of using this feature of the Application Geek Squad may collect information about the applications you use and about your Device and information stored on your Device. If you accept this Agreement you agree that this information may be forwarded to Geek Squad and at the same time you grant to Geek Squad the consent necessary pursuant to the relevant legal regulations to process the obtained information.
PERSONAL, NON-COMMERCIAL USE Geek Squad grants you the right to use this Application for your personal use and viewing only.You agree not to use this Application for commercial use without the consent of Geek Squad.
TERMINATION OF USE Geek Squad may, at its sole discretion, terminate your use of this Application or any element of it at any time. Geek Squad reserves the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any aspects of this Application at any time.
- all rights granted to you under this Agreement shall cease;
- you must cease all activities authorised by this Agreement;
- you must immediately pay any sums due under this Agreement; and
- you must immediately delete or remove the Application from all Devices where it is installed and all copies of the Application then in your possession, custody or control.
INTENDED FOR USERS OVER 18 You must be over the age of 18 to use this Application without parental consent. If you are between the ages of 13 and 18, you may only purchase and utilize the Application in conjunction with and under the permission of a parent or guardian. You may not use this Application if you are under the age of 13.
APPLICATION ERRORS Geek Squad is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the Application. Errors will be corrected where discovered, and Geek Squad reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS Content relating to this Application including information, videos, music, graphics, and other material is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, or other rights. Except as expressly authorized or licensed, you may not copy, reproduce, modify, augment, remove, delete, transfer, sell, lease, rent, or create derivative works from any of the content relating to the Application.
DATA AND DEVICE USAGE This Application will help you monitor your voice and data usage of installed apps . However, these totals are entirely reliant on your correct usage of the Application. The totals recorded do not reset automatically, and are not linked in any way to your billing cycle. Therefore, you must manually reset these totals to maintain accuracy. Geek Squad disclaims all liability for the totals recorded by the Application. In no way shall Geek Squad be liable to you for incorrect totals. This feature should only be used as a tool to estimate your usage, and is not meant to replace the totals calculated by your service provider. The only official recording of you voice and data, usage is with your service provider.
SECURITY This Application may only be used for lawful purposes. Users of this Application are prohibited from (a) exceeding authorized access; (b) tampering with the Application; (c) misrepresenting the identity of a user; (d) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a system or network or breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (e) use or launch an automated system including, but not limited to, spiders, bots, readers, or any other automated means of accessing the Application that would place a greater burden on our servers than would be possible by a human during the same period of time.
APPLICABLE LAW This Application is owned (or licensed) and operated by Best Buy Stores L.L.P. in the State of Minnesota, United States of America. The laws of the State of Minnesota will govern this Agreement without giving effect to any principles of conflict of laws.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE Certain portions of software code provided as a part of the Application may be subject to "open source" or "free software" licences ("Third Party Software"). The Third Party Software is not subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Instead, each item of Third Party Software is licensed under the terms and conditions of the license that accompanies such Third Party Software. Nothing in this Agreement limits your rights, or grants you rights that supersede the terms and conditions of, any applicable license for the Third Party Software, including any rights to copy, modify or distribute Third Party Software except as provided under the applicable licence.
NOTIFICATION OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT UNDER THE DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT If you believe that your copyrighted material may have been infringed, please provide Best Buy's Copyright Agent with the following information in writing:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an e-mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
SEVERABILITY If any part of these terms is found to be unenforceable, the remainder of these terms will remain in full force and effect.
DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY BY USING THIS APPLICATION, YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THIS APPLICATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THIS APPLICATION IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. THIS APPLICATION MAY NOT BE FREE OF BUGS OR ERRORS AND YOU AGREE THAT ANY ERRORS SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT. GEEK SQUAD DOES NOT WARRANT THAT USE OF THIS APPLICATION WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE APPLICATION WILL BE CORRECTED.
ENTIRE AGREEMENT This Agreement and any document expressly referred to in it constitute the whole agreement between us and supersede any previous arrangement, understanding or agreement between us, relating to the licensing of the Application or any element of it.
OWNER AND OPERATOR OF THE GEEK SQUAD APPLICATIONBest Buy Stores, L.L.P., owns (or licenses) and operates this Application.
You must permit Best Buy or its representatives, at all reasonable times and on reasonable advance notice, to inspect and have remote access to the Device on which the Application is being kept or used, and any records kept pursuant to this Agreement, for the purpose of ensuring that you are complying with the terms of this Agreement.
You hereby agree to indemnify and hold Geek Squad harmless from and against any liabilities, damages, judgments, losses, costs, and expenses arising from your use of the Application in a manner inconsistent with this Agreement.
In order to complete the registration and or activation process you must choose a user name and password (the "Account ID"). Geek Squad may restrict the Account ID you can choose. You may be asked to provide information including (but not limited to) your name, email address, phone number and postal address and other information required to provide you with the Application. You are fully responsible for all actions taken using your Account ID and you agree only to use your own Account ID to access the Support Website.
You are responsible for keeping your information (including your user name and password) secure against unauthorized access. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your Account ID, your credit or debit card, or any other breach of security. We will not be liable to you for any losses you may incur as a result of any unauthorized third party access to your account and/or any fraudulent use of your credit or debit card on the Support Website.
We reserve the right to reject or refuse to accept your application to become a registered user. You are responsible for maintaining and promptly updating your account information as necessary to ensure accuracy and completeness.
You must complete all details requested on the Support Website and or provide correct information upon activation or registration as we cannot guarantee that we will have sufficient information to mediate the return of your Device if this information has not been completed in full.
Your use of the Application may result in certain incidental usage charges ("Incidental Charges") during the installation and use of the Application and Geek Squad shall not be responsible for such Incidental Charges. These charges may, among others, be imposed by your mobile network operator or your internet service provider. You are advised to consult your mobile data or internet data plan to identify the charges which may be incurred prior to the installation and operation of the Application.
You acknowledge that it may not be possible to provide the support services and you may not be able to receive the full benefit of the Application if, for example:
You expressly agree by using the Application that you authorize Geek Squad, to collect and use your location data in order to receive the benefits of the Application. This information will not be saved or used for any other purpose other than to provide the service for which you have signed up. Where applicable, you may at any time through the Support Website, disconnect your Device from the location based aspect of the Application. Instructions of such opt out will be detailed on the Support Website, however, if you opt out we may not be able to assist you in locating your Device and you will not be able to receive the benefit of the Application.
The use of location based software is not suitable for emergency situations and should not be relied upon during such times. Geek Squad is not be liable for any reliance placed by you on the Application being available for emergency situations.
In the event that the Device is located within the property or control of a third party, or you believe it to be within the property or control of a third party, or you believe the Device has been stolen, you should inform a member of local law enforcement for the matter to be investigated in the proper manner in accordance with local laws.
In order to activate Data Deletion you must complete the authorization process on the Support Website or through the call center and you must confirm: (a) that you are aware of the consequences of initializing Data Deletion; and (b) that we are permitted to perform Data Deletion.
By utilizing Data Deletion, you acknowledge that the process is self-initiated and that you are solely and singularly responsible for authorizing us to perform Data Deletion.
In order to initialize Data Deletion you will be asked to provide us with certain account specific information which should be known only to you. It is your responsibility to ensure the safe keeping of this information and the prevention of dissemination of this information to any third party. We shall have no liability in respect of any Data Deletion initiated by an unauthorized third party, in the event of their obtaining the information due to your negligence or otherwise.
You acknowledge that once completed the act of Data Deletion is irreversible and the data which has been deleted will not be capable of retrieval by Geek Squad. The success of any Data Deletion may however be dependent on the Device being in contact with the Support Website through an appropriate connection. We do not guarantee that any Data Deletion will be successful.
We will endeavor to mediate the return of your Device to you in the condition that it is discovered. We will not be liable for any damage caused to the Device. We exclude all liability in respect of lost or stolen Devices and our only obligation in respect of such Devices will be to try to mediate the return of them to the party who has been registered as the owner of that Device on the Support Website.
All delivery fees for the return of the Device are payable by you.
You acknowledge and agree that we are under no obligation and we may be unable to return your Device to you where the Application has not been activated on the Device. We will, however, use reasonable endeavors to mediate the return of your Device to you if possible, but your failure to activate the Application or keep the details on the Support Website up to date may mean that we do not have the necessary details to mediate the return of the Device to you.
Upon termination for any reason:
BEST BUY, the BEST BUY logo, the tag design, BESTBUY.COM, GEEK SQUAD, LOCKED AND FOUND, HAPPY 24, BLACK TIE, REWARD ZONE, and MAGNOLIA HOME THEATER are trademarks of BBY Solutions, Inc. All other trademarks and logos relating to this Application are the property of their respective owners.
By using this Application, you agree that any information such as suggestions, ideas, or comments you send to Geek Squad is non-confidential. Furthermore, by submitting any solicited or unsolicited information relating to this Application, you grant Geek Squad an irrevocable and unrestricted worldwide license to use, modify, reproduce, transmit, display, and distribute such materials, information, suggestions, ideas or comments for any purpose whatsoever to the extent permitted by law.
You are responsible for the suggestions, ideas, or comments that you submit to Geek Squad and you agree to defend, indemnify and hold Geek Squad harmless for any and all claims related to your submission.
Best Buy's designated agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement can be reached by:
Best Buy Enterprise Services, Inc.
7601 Penn Ave. S.
Richfield, MN 55423
For additional information regarding this procedure, please reference 17 USC 512.
GEEK SQUAD SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. FURTHERMORE, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL GEEK SQUAD BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUE, OR COST OF RECOVERING DATA, THAT RESULT FROM YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS APPLICATION, HOWEVER CAUSED, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) AND EVEN IF GEEK SQUAD HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, GEEK SQUAD’S LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES IN NO EVENT SHALL EXCEED THE FEES PAID FOR THE RIGHT TO USE THE APPLICATION.
Some states do not allow exclusion of implied warranties or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. In such states, the liability of Geek Squad, third party content providers, and their respective agents, shall be limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
The Application is available through these stores and others Google Play Store and Apple App Store. The mail address for the Application is 7601 Penn Ave. S., Richfield, MN 55423-3645.
Visit the Web site: http://lockedandfound.geeksquad.com/locked&found_home for further contact information.
© 2012 Geek Squad. All Rights Reserved